SAFEGUARDING AND CHILD PROTECTION POLICY (700)
Simbed Learners School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, along with ensuring their protection. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Our Safeguarding and Child Protection policy is aimed at protecting children from maltreatment, preventing the impairment of children’s health or development, and ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care. Thus, this policy has been established to
- help nurture an environment within the school where children feel secure, valued, respected, encouraged to talk and listened to.
- provide guidance on good practice for recognizing and dealing with child protection and safeguarding issues.
identify procedures, roles and responsibilities for promoting safe practice and for dealing with child protection and safeguarding issues.
ANTIBULLYING POLICY (701)
Simbed Learners School understands that Persistent bullying can severely inhibit a child’s ability to learn effectively. The negative effects of bullying can have an impact on a person for their entire life.
At Simbed, we wish to promote a secure and happy environment free from threat, harassment, and any type of bullying behavior.
Our Antibullying policy has been established to:
- Raise awareness amongst members of the school community on the types of bullying.
- Provide practical advice on how to prevent and tackle bullying.
Give clear guidelines on procedures to be followed when dealing with cases of bullying.
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY (702)
At Simbed Learners School we recognize that there are several key areas which require special attention in terms of health and safety. Thus, our Health and Safety policy has been established to
- Ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to ensure the health, safety, and welfare of users of our school premises and all participants in school trips.
- Establish and maintain safe working and learning procedures for staff and pupils.
- Promote the health and well-being of staff and pupils.
- Develop adequate safety awareness through appropriate training amongst staff, and where necessary, among pupils and volunteers.
- Investigate accidents and take steps to prevent a re-occurrence.
- Ensure that adequate resources for health and safety are available.